Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Monday, January 15, 2018

Prayer for Those of You in the Hard Places

Father God,
I lift up the folks who read (and don't read) my posts on FB and my blog, and I ask you to speak to them today. If not through these words, somehow. Show them the answers to the issues they face, and, Lord, nag them if you have to, especially if they are the problem that is preventing the answer. Give them wisdom and grant them forbearance to way up under the weight of the issue until you bring it to solution. I pray that in the waiting, you would show them your character, not as a hateful God who is waiting to squish them like a bug if they step or breathe wrong, but as a God who has invested His very breath into them, because that is what you really have done. Given us your breath and given us your life so we could breathe again when we were dead in our own mess and waste. Help them to see the God I know, the God who loves deeply and desires honest relationship with mutual love and respect, with hearts to serve each other. Show them the path, not just to their answer, but the path to you because that is not something shown to us very often, and when it is, it is usually wrapped in ritual and checkmarks, not radical passion and committed love. Thank you, Lord, for every person you have brought within my writing world and personal one. Thank you that you have a plan for every single one of them, and sometimes that plan is hard to walk or impossible to understand because this world is not for sissies, but, Lord, I pray that in the hard and impossible to understand, they would understand this--you are with them.
I love you, Father. Help me love you more.
Help my lack of faith, Lord.
Amen
Jerri
www.jerrikelley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment