Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Grief Others Don't See, God Sees and Steps Right Into

This morning as I was praying I prayed for folks on FB, and I had this urge to get on FB and tell a woman it's okay to grieve your baby, even if no one else understands. God understands your heart grief that no one can relate to or even knows about. I didn't, though, because, frankly, it kind of sounded weird...and really personal, and how would I word that anyway?
 
I checked my email, and there was an email from a very dear friend who has no children and is not married, but her elderly dog she has had since a puppy is very sick and may not make it through the day. Her heart is breaking, and she metnioned our conversation this week and said, "Thank you for reminding me God loves me even when my heart is breaking."
 
How much does He love her? How much is He concerned about her pain? So much so that He spoke comfort to me to offer her. He WANTS her to know He feels her heart. He WANTS her to know her grief is His concern. He WANTS her to know even when some people see "only a dog", He sees her life companion. THAT is the fulness of His love for her.
 
God is so many things, but the greatest thing He is...is definitely love.
 
Ephesians 3:16-19
 
Jerri
www.jerrikelley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment